Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In Memory of Nolen G. Bragg- Some days I miss you so very much

You will always be my hero. You were always there for me. You were ready to praise me when I had done well and always there to let me know I had screwed up. You never threw my past mistakes in my face or ever held them against me, and trust me I know I made many.

I miss your Papa-chip cookies,

I miss sitting at the table with you and listening to your stories. (Sending the preacher to the whore-house will always be my favorite, you sly ol'dog)

I miss having coffee with you in the mornings and just sitting quietly listening to the chickens wake up.

I miss hearing you call me "boy", lol that used to confuse my friends so much, but it was a term of endearment that I will always remember and treasure.

I miss walking over to your house before I go the store and asking if you need anything while I am out. It took a long time to stop feeling the need to do that.

I miss your chicken and dumplings. Even though you gave me the recipe before you left this world I have not had the heart to try and make them. They will never be yours.

I miss  being able to call you and tell you when something good happens in my life.

I miss you being there when I neeed advice.

I miss how smart you were and the fact I could call you or walk over and get an answer to just about anything I needed concerning math or history.

Most of all I miss you Granddaddy and looking out my window in the morning to see if your kitchen light is on yet.

I love you!
Nolen Griffith Bragg March 17, 1922 - March 19, 2003

2 comments:

  1. :( I barley knew him, but I miss his like crazy!
    Nolen G Bragg II

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew him and he was my Grandfather.

    ReplyDelete