Saturday, August 6, 2011

Parental Responsibility

Sometimes those two words can be the most difficult words to adhere to. As an adult we need to understand that not all children are raised the same and sometimes even if they are raised in a loving and caring home, some kids will still rebel and become less than caring individuals. I think perhaps more times than not however, "bad kids" come from homes that do not teach diversity, compassion and most of all do not show how to love on a daily basis.

My fiance and I both are struggling with the "bad kid" issue. Our children love going to the local park and hanging out but the kids in this town have been anything but welcoming. As a matter of fact the have been downright mean, verbally abusive and sexually explicit. My children's self esteem has taken a nose dive due to the treatment they have received from many of the local teens they have encountered. As much as I hate to admit it I kind of share the same feeling my fiance expressed in his blog (beware those of you that take offense to potty mouths.)

In total frustration,
Momma Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment