Sunday, August 7, 2011

So who is this Momma Tess person anyway?

I sat today looking at my life. I am not displeased with my life nor do I waste time wishing I had done things differently. Everything I have experienced in my life has made me the person I am today. I am not ashamed of who I am. While there are a few minor physical things I would like to change about myself, for the most part I am quite pleased with how I have turned out. Sure I would like more money to buy and do the things I dream of, but the lack of money does not change who I am on the inside, and isn't that what is really important? There are even things in my past that made me angry and to some extent still do today. If I could turn back time and change those events; would I? Absolutely not! If I changed those events I would not be where I am today and in the wonderful relationship I am in today. I am with the most wonderful man I have ever known. He makes me so completely happy that I can not even begin to put words to it. I have wonderful caring children that everyday manage to bring a smile to my face and about burst at the seams with pride and love for them. I have been told that I have done a wonderful job raising them and I like to think that I have as well.

So who am I?

In my opinion I am probably one of the most understanding and compassionate people you would ever meet. I feel deeply, I care deeply and yes, I probably carry my emotions on my sleeve. I care what people think of me, even though many times I try to claim that I do not. I don't try and change in order to make people like me. I just want them to like me and care for me for who I am. I won't lie, when someone is hateful to me, it does hurt. I struggle to understand what I have done to be treated so unjustly. Is it merely because I don't wear the correct label on my jeans or shoes? I just don't care about those things. Is it because I didn't notice the label you were sporting today? Again I just don't care about those things and hence would not even know a "popular label" if it poked my eye out.

I have allowed people to come live in my home and partake of my food and hospitality only to have them attack, slander and belittle me later. I would still do it today. If you were kicked out on the street and had no where to go, I would bring you into my home and treat you as family. If you lost your shirt in the freezing cold I would give you the shirt off my back to keep you warm, because I have another at home and what's one shirt? I have had many people tell me this is a fault of mine. I care too much. Really? Is there such a thing as caring too much? Can caring really be considered a fault? I am a forgiving person. If you wrong me I will forgive you but I will not forget. I will not hold it against you and constantly toss it in your face, but again. I will not forget.

Some might consider me boring. I am content to sit at home and be with my family. When I have friends I am content just visiting. I don't need nor desire to go out with my friends and "raise a little hell". I do enjoy artsy things. I enjoy just walking and browsing arts and craft fairs. I don't have to buy what I see (although I will admit many times I wish I had more money to buy some of the things I see.) A long walk down a country or mountain road in the evening is divinity! I enjoy playing computer games and chatting on the web and do it probably too much, but offer to come take me away to an art fair or a picnic at the lake and I will shut this computer down in a heart-beat.

I hate shoes. I rarely wear them. I have sandals for when I have to go to the store or other appointments. I do not own "proper work attire" I have two sun-dresses. 3 pairs of jeans, numerous tank tops and several pairs of men's pj bottoms. I own one bra that I only wear when I go to town. Am I a hippy? Probably in a sense. I love the earth. I want to stay connected to her without man  made materials between she and I. I am prone to be emotionally flighty, so keeping my feet firmly against the earth is a good way for me to stay grounded!

I love to learn, but not by reading books or watching programs. I like to learn through life. Through experiences. Through my friends.

I am simply me and I like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment